[New members]

Démarré par CrazyJo, 12 Juin 2007 14:08

« précédent - suivant »

CrazyJo

Hello everybody ! :) ,

How are you ? I hope you're fine . ;)

I hadn't see a topic about "new member" so I posted this new topic here. All the news members (and older) could introduce himself here.
I begin :

My name is Jonathan and I'm sixteen. I'm a student and I 'm Swiss. I like playing Football, Tennis, Ping-Pong and programming (I'm a beginner . I'm learning Cocoa and Obj-C) I knew this podcast because the website "Emob" talked about your podcast. I have learned English since 3 years. I find the most difficult thing in English it's the pronunciation. Your podcast help me very much for it. Thanks.

PS: Tomorrow I'm going to do my English writing exam and the 19 June it's my oral English exam...

CrazyJo  8)

Thomas

Welcome to the forum, CrazyJo :)

This is actually a really good idea, I think. Maybe we can learn more about each other this way.

Good luck on your exams!
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Thomas

Welcome to the forum, Gary! (Yes, that's an American name).

To answer your questions...
You're right, "high school" is "lycée".

And yes, if I'm going to Eric's house, I can also just say Eric's. However, in English we spell "oncle" with a "u", so it would be uncle's house or uncle's ;)

The verb "améliorer" does translate as "to improve", yes. If you want to keep it reflexive (like the s'/m'/t'/etc. in French), then you say "to improve myself/yourself/yourselves/himself/herself/itself/ourselves/themselves", so you would have said "to improve myself".

Another way you can translate "s'améliorer", if you don't care if it's reflexive, is the verb phrase "to get better" (un peu comme "se rendre meilleur", mais ce n'est pas réflexif en anglais). So for example,

Je veux m'améliorer --> I want to improve myself OR I want to get better
Vous voulez vous améliorer -- > You want to improve yourselves OR You want to get better

And again, welcome to the forum!

Flo

Thanks to Gary and Jonathan for their introduction. I's a good idea, So the " members " of forum are less anonimous. Gary, good luck for your examinations. Jonathan, please explain me what is "cocoa" and "obj C ".
I am a grand mother, I have a  son,  daughter and 4 grandchildren.
I was a civil servant in many different departements of the administration, culture or instruction.
I made classical studies (German, English, latin and  a master of Economic) Before I lived and worked in Paris. Now, i am retired and I enjoy of my new situation. I live in the south of France, in a little town between Toulon and Marseille. I like to read, I belong to a walking club and I try to travel in France and abroad.
Besides we have many friends and relatives who visit us, because we live near the sea.
Thanks to Thomas, for all his podcasts and the corrections!  friendly 

Maïlys

Hi !

I'm Maïlys , I'm eighteen and I leave the high-school this month, I'll study the law in a college the next year. 
I want to improve myself at english because I would go abroad for a year like a lifeguard. I'm lifeguard here in french (during the holidays) and I really want to go to a foreign country for a long time. I speak better german than english but there are more beaches in the Usa, Australia or England than in Germany ! That's why I went to this forum where I hope I'll speak a lot !

Bye !

Thomas

Welcome to the forum, Maïlys!

I'm sure you'll have the opportunity to speak lots of English here! And feel free to post about anything you want to talk about or ask any questions you have, we love to help.

CrazyJo

Citation de: Flo le 19 Juin 2007 22:43
Thanks to Gary and Jonathan for their introduction. I's a good idea, So the " members " of forum are less anonimous. Gary, good luck for your examinations. Jonathan, please explain me what is "cocoa" and "obj C ".

Hi  ;)
In short Obj-C/Cocoa is a programming language which is developed by Apple Computer . With Cocoa you can creat some applications for mac os 10. Xcode is the name of the main software to develop an application for mac.

More details about Cocoa  ;)

sabri

Nouveau sur le Forum je me presente.

Sabri Jeune homme de 34ans, je tiens un cyber café
Et je suis là avec vous aujourd'hui pour rafraichir mon Anglais.
C'est grace à l'iTunes store que j'ai decouvert le site et aussi un peu grace à mon Nano 2G. lol
Je souhaitais vous faire un petit coucou .
Et par la même, remecier Thomas pour sont très beau travail.
Bonne continuation et à bientôt

Bettina

A mon tour de me présenter. My name is Bettina and i am germain. Je vis en France depuis 25 ans. Je voudrais tous écrire en anglais mais c'est encore trop difficile. Je connais le podcast depuis peu de temps et je suis séduite par la façon de Thomas de nous apprendre l'anglais. Bientôt je pourrais communiquer sur ce forum en anglais, j'espère.Je profite pour poser une question. La chanson au debut des leçons s'appelle comment et qui la chante? Vous le savez?
Salut à vous tous et thanks à Thomas.

Martin

Bienvenue à tous !
Pour la chanson Bettina c'est :

"Dream On"

de Aerosmith

voilà !

eausport

nice to meet you 

Bettina

Thank you Martin. C'est sympa de repondre si vite à ma question. J'ai envie de suggeré à Thomas de travailler un jour sur les paroles d'une chanson mais je ne sais pas si les gens aimeront ça. Tu en pense quoi?
Have a nice day!

Paeleben

C'est une bonne idée mais je ne suis pas sûr qu'il est énormément de temps à consacrer à cela. Parce qu'il en donne beaucoup pour la création des podcasts et une autre chose importante aussi (vous verrez bien). Donc c'est déjà long à réaliser ces deux choses et plus il y a le forum à gérer.

Par contre, si il y en a qui n'apprécient pas tant que ça la musique, vous pouvez lui suggérer d'en mettre une autre à la place. Mais du coup, ça ne se passe plus dans cette partie du forum.  :)
Listen to the silence which swings at your ear...

Bettina

Tu as raison, d'ailleurs je me demande comment il fait pour faire tout ça et en plus il répond au mails. Avant de lui en parler j'ai voulu des avis des autres et puis tu vois j'ai bien fait. Merci

Argaz

Hello all,

My name's Argaz, I live in France I'm new here and I want to learn English.
Thanks a lot Thomas for your Job.

Good luck for all

PS : Je débute l'anglais et je vais tenté d'ecrire en cette langue, je m'excuse par avance des futures erreurs dans mes posts, et demande aux membres de me corriger (si cela est possible), où à l'administrateur de modifier mon(mes) post(s) si je fais des erreurs au niveau culturel. Merci d'avance.